SUCCESSES ACROSS SYDNEY
Each of us is proud to tell our children, grandchildren (and anyone else that cares to listen) about the world-class developments we have helped to ‘get out of the ground’, in so doing transforming Sydney’s CBD skyline.
We believe these examples, which are in no way exhaustive, clearly demonstrate our ability to reach and penetrate the right organisations and then engage with the right people to achieve successful results, either in an open, joint or exclusive agency capacity.
PIER8: Walsh Bay
Architect: Mirvac Design & Bates Smart (Interiors)
Mirvac (then a private group) secured the rights from the NSW Government to redevelop the Walsh Bay precinct, which included:
- the adaptive re-use of Pier 8/9 + Pier 6/7 (the world’s first purpose built residential pier)
- the demolition of Towns Place and Towns Place East to create the new Bond One + the adaptive re-use of Bond 3
- 26 Windmill Street
- the new Towns Place East
- the Pottinger Street Terraces & Shore Shed Residences
The catalyst for the commencement of all these works was our introduction of Matt Handbury, owner of Murdoch Magazines, to Pier 8/9.
Murdoch Magazines was a leader in the movement away from the traditional ‘suspended ceiling tile and carpeted office’ users in Sydney, with the derelict Pier 8/9 providing their ideal blank canvas.
The completion of the purchase of the Pier 8/9, and subsequent commencement of restoration works, triggered (as per Mirvac’s agreement with the Government), key dates for the commencement of the demolition of Pier 6/7 and remediation of Pier 2/3, the latter to be handed back to the Government as the new home of the Bangarra Dance Company and Sydney Chamber Orchestra.
The introduction of Murdoch Magazines to Pier 8/9 and negotiations for c. 11,000 m2 was conducted over c. 18 months without the involvement of a tenant representative.
CWE’s work on Walsh Bay continued with:
- introduction of Publicis Mojo to Bond 3 (4,500m2)
- 100% pre-commitment of Bond One at 26 Windmill Street (9,100 m2) to Aegis Media + Port Authority of NSW (for which we were awarded ‘Dexus Agent of The Year’)
- the pre-commitment of Kador’s 6,000 m2 at 1 Kent Street to WPP